5.28.2009

Car Music

I wouldn't necessarily say that I am trying to make suggestions, but I thought I would share with you all the albums that I am currently listening to in my car on a regular basis. If you are looking for something new, try them out. If you are already listening to the albums, good for you. If you don't like the music, then you can go suck a lemon.

1. Bandazian - O Pioneer

A couple of my buddies play in the band, and they are quite talented. I don't think this is a biased opinion either. Clippership is my favorite song at the moment. You can find these guys on ITunes and myspace at http://www.myspace.com/bandazian.

2. Jason Anderson - The Hopeful and the Unafraid

Just started listening to this fella. I got word of him from Mr. Hova and I have become a fan of sorts. I don't love every song on the album but I can stand to listen to most. July 4, 2004 is a good one and so is Watch Your Step. Again he can be found on ITunes and myspace at http://www.myspace.com/jasonandersonswebsite.

3. Alberta Cross - The Thief and the Heartbreaker

Believe it or not, B Harris recommended this one to me. And it turned out to be good. I kid... he and I have very similar tastes in music and this band is one that we both enjoy. They have a great sound and will actually be playing at Bonnaroo this year. I think Low Man is a good song to start with. Check them out here.

4. Paul Simon - Negotiations and Love Songs and Graceland

Mixtape. But really, if you are a fan of good music then you should already know and love Graceland. I think it is my favorite album of all time hands down and it is a great car ride CD. Rhymin' Simon just has a way with lyrics and he can certainly put them to music.

5. Frightened Rabbit - Midnight Organ Fight and Sing the Grey's

Another Compilation. Scottish Band. Great Voice. I heard of these guys from Mr. Hova again, when he played me the song My Backwards Walk, and this group quickly became one of my favorites. Check out the aforementioned song or the Twist and I think you will like what you hear. http://www.myspace.com/frightenedrabbit

6. Nancy Griffith - One Fair Summer Evening

I wouldn't imagine most of the people reading this have ever listened to her, or would ever want to for that matter. But, I think she is great and has a beautiful voice and this album is one of my guilty pleasures. Certainly not for everyone, but I'd give it a listen if you are open minded and you might find a hidden gem here. Just google it, you'll find something.

7. Band of Horses - Cease to Begin

You probably should have already listened to this album through and through. Just good overall. The General Specific is a good one to start out on if you were just born to this world and have not listened to them before. There are other songs on the myspace page too.



That's all I can think of right now, and it pretty much encompasses what I've been listening to lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment