5.07.2009

I would punch her in the face if you wouldn't judge me.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A Sacramento County teenager is bragging about a big accomplishment.

She logged more than 300,000 text messages in one month.

"My friends said, 'Text your little thumbs off'," Crystal Wiski said.

"Thank God for free texting," added her mother, Jacki Wiski.

Jacki Wiski said she just bought the iPhone for her daughter a month ago.

"I get cramps," Crystal Wiski said of her habit.

Needless to say, it didn't take long for her to get used to it.

Her mother is amazed by the number of texts.

"Oh my God, that's unbelievable," Jacki Wiski said. "She must text while she's sleeping."

"I am popular. I can't help it," Crystal Wiski added.

To put 303,000 text messages into perspective: that's more than 10,000 text messages a day, 421 messages an hour and seven texts a minute.

KCRA 3 even timed her.

"I don't talk on the phone that much," Crystal Wiski said.

Jacki Wiski said despite her daughter's addiction, it doesn't stop her from holding down a full-time job. It also has not affected her grades.

"She has a 40-hour-a-week job and straight As," Jacki Wiski said.

As for Crystal, she said she graduates in few weeks and hasn't decided what's next.

If you calculate the more than 300,000 text messages at 10 cents a text, she would owe more than $30,000. Unlimited texting has definitely helped in this case.

Jacki Wiski said her son has the second most texts at 3,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment