5.28.2009

Hmm....

Swazi MP apologizes for HIV branding proposal
Thu May 28, 2009 10:05am EDT

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - A Swaziland parliamentarian has apologized after calling for HIV-positive people to be branded on the buttocks to stop the spread of the virus ravaging the country.

Timothy Myeni drew widespread criticism after telling a parliamentarians' workshop in Swaziland that the move would enable people to check partners for a warning stamp before sex.

"I'm very sorry. If you need me to show a sign of how sorry I am, I'm ready," SAPA news agency quoted Myeni as telling a news conference in Johannesburg on Thursday.

Critics say Swaziland King Mswati III, who chose a new wife last year at a traditional Reed Dance, sets a bad example by encouraging polygamy in a country with one of the world's highest HIV/AIDS prevalence rates.
_____________________________________

I understand why this is offensive and I don't condone it, but I would think it would be a good idea in other contexts. Like a Bat-shit crazy branding.

Think of it...

Excuse me my prospective lover, but it appears that you have been branded "crazy-as-a-shithouse-rat," so I am going to have to go ahead and collect my belongings. I'll be out of your hair in no time, please don't follow me, stalk me, call me or show up at my work. I hope to dear God that this is the last time we talk. I am relieved we didn't consummate this fake love affair.

It would save a good many men a whole shit-ton of grief.

I wonder if I have this Timothy Myeni's email address somewhere in my SPAM folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment