1.27.2009

Arthur

Our generation, or the generation that is most likely reading this blog, does not seem to be familiar with the classic 1981 film, Arthur, starring Dudley Moore, Liza Minnelli and some stud named John Gielgud. I think I first watched it back in high school and have loved it ever sense.

I just wanted to bring it up so you all would be aware of its existence and possibly, if you ever felt the need, or just saw it on some random channel one day, to give it a chance. It really is hilarious. Dudley Moore plays such a great drunk and Hobson (Gielgud) is classic. He won an Oscar (Best Actor in a Supporting Role).

Here are some of my favorite quotes. You might have seen some of them before.

Arthur: You're a hooker? Jesus, I forgot! I just thought I was doing GREAT with you!

------------------

Hobson: Thank you for a memorable afternoon, usually one must go to a bowling alley to meet a woman of your stature.

------------------

[Arthur suddenly laughs uproariously]
Gloria: Why are you laughing now?
Arthur: Sometimes I just think funny things.

------------------

Arthur: Hobson, do you know what the worst thing is about being me?
Hobson: I should imagine your breath.

------------------

Arthur: Have you ever been on a yacht?
Linda: No, is it wonderful?
Arthur: It doesn't suck.

------------------

It also won an Oscar for Best Original Song.

Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best that you can do)

*Note* B Harris has tried to emulate this man's looks and sweet falsetto stylings since adolescence.

No comments:

Post a Comment