2.23.2009

Hobbits Reign Supreme

Lord knows there have been too many terrible movie trilogies. Sequels and prequels that never should have been released, let alone, produced or even conceived. Take the Austin Powers Trilogy. First movie was almost pretty good, and then the next two were just terrible, so much so that the first is now awful by association. And that isn't even the worst, just my least favorite. There are plenty of trilogies that I would never even dream of seeing. Sometimes though, the movie makers get it right, so how about a Top 5 Best movie trilogies.


5. Back to the Future

Back to the Future (1985)
Back to the Future Part II (1989)
Back to the Future Part III (1990)

I don't know if this deserves to make the list, but I have fond memories of these movies from my childhood. Also, I didn't want to include Spiderman.

4. X-Men

X-Men (2000)
X2: X-Men United (2003)
X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

Sexy mutants.


3. The Godfather

The Godfather (1972)
The Godfather Part II (1974) (also prequel)
The Godfather Part III (1990)

I was watching the Godfather Part II the other day, and that is what made me think of doing this post. It is a great movie. Robert DeNiro is good sh*t.

2. The Bourne Identity

The Bourne Identity (2002)
The Bourne Supremacy (2004)
The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)

These were all good. Shaky camera work. Could have had sexier girls.


1. The Lord of the Rings

The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
The Two Towers (2002)
The Return of the King (2003)

What can I say, this is the best of all time. Most likely always will be the best. Gandalf.

(Best Friends)

No comments:

Post a Comment