2.24.2009

In Bruges

I don't know how many of you noticed that this movie was nominated for something or other on Oscar night. I am not really sure what, because I didn't watch, and I am not inclined to look it up right now because I don't think I could care less. It didn't win, I know that much, but it is a good movie regardless and you should probably take the initiative to get it from Netflix or Blockbuster and watch it.

Memorable Quotes.

Overweight Man: Been to the top of the tower?
Ray: Yeah... yeah, it's rubbish.
Overweight Man: It is? The guide book says it's a must see.
Ray: Well you lot ain't going up there.
Overweight Man: Pardon me? Why?
Ray: I mean, it's all winding stairs. I'm not being funny.
Overweight Man: What exactly are you trying to say?
Ray: What exactly am I trying to say? You's a bunch of f*ckin' elephants.
____________________

Ken: How'd your date go?
Ray: My date involved two instances of extreme violence, one instance of her hand on my cock and my finger up her thing which lasted all too briefly - and then I was away - , one instance of me stealing five grams of very high-quality cocaine and one instance of me blinding a poofy little skinhead: so all in all... my evening pretty much balanced out, fine.
____________________

Harry: I mean basically if you're robbing a man and you're only carrying blanks and you allow your gun to be taken off you and you allow yourself to be shot in the eye with a blank which I assume that the person has to get quite close to you then, yeah really it's all your fault for being such a poof, so why don't you stop wingeing and cheer the f*ck up.
Yuri: Eirek - I really wouldn't respond.
Eirik: I thought you wanted the guy dead?
Harry: I do want the guy dead, I want him f*cking crucified but it don't change the fact that he stitched you up like a blind little gay boy, does it?
____________________

Ken: We shall strike a balance between culture and fun.
Ray: Somehow I believe, Ken, that the balance shall tip in the favor of culture, like a big fat f*cking retarded f*cking black girl on a see-saw opposite... a dwarf.
____________________

Harry: An Uzi? I'm not from South Central Los Angeles. I didn't come here to shoot twenty black ten year olds in a drive-by. I want a normal gun for a normal person.
____________________

Ken: Coming up?
Ray: What's up there?
Ken: The view.
Ray: The view of what? The view of down here? I can see that down here.
Ken: Ray, you are about the worst tourist in the whole world.
Ray: Ken, I grew up in Dublin. I love Dublin. If I grew up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't.
____________________

Ken: Harry, let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but you're a c*nt. You're a c*nt now, and you've always been a c*nt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger c*nt. Maybe have some more c*nt kids.
Harry: [furious] Leave my kids f*cking out of it! What have they done? You f*cking retract that bit about my c*nt f*cking kids!
Ken: I retract that bit about your c*nt f*cking kids.
Harry: Insult my f*cking kids? That's going overboard, mate!
Ken: I retracted it, didn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment