3.03.2009

The colossal prick even managed to sound magnanimous

I love Thomas Newman. You may know his name from seeing it below the "Original Score by" line in some of the best movies of the past few decades. Just have a look at some of the beauties that Newman has been responsible for:

1998: Meet Joe Black
1999: American Beauty
1999: The Green Mile
2001: Six Feet Under
2002: Road to Perdition
2005: Cinderella Man
2008: WALL-E
2008: Revolutionary Road

And while these are all brilliant in their own right, none of them hold a candle to my personal favorite: the original score for The Shawkshank Redemption. While I could write about this film for hours on end, I'll stick to just the music for now. Below are two of my favorite scenes.

Suds on the Roof (music actually starts at 3:30 or so, but the entire thing is amazing)



Final Scene



Best of luck not tearing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment